From: Matthias Guede <matthias.guede@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] pam-login and shadow-4.0.15-r2
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 17:33:18
1 Kris Kerwin wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 >
4 > I haven't emerged my system in a while because of this problem, and
5 > now it is getting back to me.
6 >
7 > pam-login reports that it is being blocked by
8 >> =sys-apps/shadow-4.0.15-r2. The problem here is that there are no
9 > versions of shadow less than that that are still in the portage tree.
10 > Further, that version of shadow is blocking all versions of
11 > pam-login.
12 >
13 > Is there a virtual out there that I can use to take out one of these
14 > packages and replace with another package in the same virtual? Or,
15 > are there any other steps that need to be taken?
16 >
17 > Kris
18
19 Just unmerge shadow and update pam-login after that. And do not log out
20 between these two steps ;)
21
22 There is also a thread:http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-443022.html
23 --