From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] chicken <--> egg (NFS & tty video)
Date: Sun, 15 May 2011 18:47:00
1 On Sunday 15 May 2011 19:14:26 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Sat, 14 May 2011 22:55:49 +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:
3 > > > Except when 260+ packages need updating as it happened with the last
4 > > > KDE upgrade. I had a cursory look, but I missed some USE flag changes
5 > > > (scanner, rdesktop and vnc I think) which started removing packages
6 > > > and libraries. Other flag changes may well have added packages that I
7 > > > didn't need, but didn't have the time to go through the lot at the
8 > > > time.
9 > >
10 > > Is your emerge output colorized?
11 > >
12 > > USE flag changes show up in green and the status indicators inside
13 > > [ebuild ] at the start of lines are in yellow. It's a huge gain being
14 > > able to pick out the few new things that really stand out that way.
15 >
16 > It also helps if you don't use -v, as then the only USE flags shown are
17 > changes.
18
19 Of course! Been using -v out of habit and had forgotten about this. :)
20 --
21 Regards,
22 Mick