From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] chicken <--> egg (NFS & tty video)
Date: Sun, 15 May 2011 18:16:53
1 On Sat, 14 May 2011 22:55:49 +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2
3 > > Except when 260+ packages need updating as it happened with the last
4 > > KDE upgrade. I had a cursory look, but I missed some USE flag changes
5 > > (scanner, rdesktop and vnc I think) which started removing packages
6 > > and libraries. Other flag changes may well have added packages that I
7 > > didn't need, but didn't have the time to go through the lot at the
8 > > time.
9 >
10 > Is your emerge output colorized?
11 >
12 > USE flag changes show up in green and the status indicators inside
13 > [ebuild ] at the start of lines are in yellow. It's a huge gain being
14 > able to pick out the few new things that really stand out that way.
15
16 It also helps if you don't use -v, as then the only USE flags shown are
17 changes.
21 Neil Bothwick
22
23 -Come, come, why they couldn't hit an elephant from this dist-