From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Intel(R) C600 SAS Controller
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2014 12:41:21
1 Am 11.06.2014 13:52, schrieb thegeezer:
2
3 > ok baffling.
4 > sdc i already said would be slower but not this much slower
5 > it certainly should not be slower than the lvm that sits on top of it!
6 > i can't see anything in the cgroups that stands out, maybe someone else
7 > can give a better voice to this.
8 >
9 > all i can think is there is other IO happening
10 > in atop if you can highlight any line that begins LVM CPU or DSK and
11 > paste it in to a reply - with no virtualmachines running and no dd or
12 > anything.
13 > then run a dd as before and highlight the lines in atop while it is
14 > running (maybe increase count to 1000 to give yourself a chance) and
15 > paste in here too
18 I did a test with a sysresccd from 2013 (that is kernel 3.4.52 ... phew)
19
20 Just booted, "vgchange -ay" and then the dd-test from LV to /dev/null
21
22 -> with or without count=500 I get around 340-350 MB/s !
23
24 So my kernel-config seems buggy or I should downgrade to something older?
25
26 Aside from that I checked the firmware of the controller, it has the
27 latest release.
28
29 Stefan