From: thegeezer <thegeezer@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Intel(R) C600 SAS Controller
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2014 13:33:01
1 On 06/11/2014 01:41 PM, Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
2 > Am 11.06.2014 13:52, schrieb thegeezer:
3 >
4 >> ok baffling.
5 >> sdc i already said would be slower but not this much slower
6 >> it certainly should not be slower than the lvm that sits on top of it!
7 >> i can't see anything in the cgroups that stands out, maybe someone else
8 >> can give a better voice to this.
9 >>
10 >> all i can think is there is other IO happening
11 >> in atop if you can highlight any line that begins LVM CPU or DSK and
12 >> paste it in to a reply - with no virtualmachines running and no dd or
13 >> anything.
14 >> then run a dd as before and highlight the lines in atop while it is
15 >> running (maybe increase count to 1000 to give yourself a chance) and
16 >> paste in here too
17 >
18 > I did a test with a sysresccd from 2013 (that is kernel 3.4.52 ... phew)
19 >
20 > Just booted, "vgchange -ay" and then the dd-test from LV to /dev/null
21 >
22 > -> with or without count=500 I get around 340-350 MB/s !
23 >
24 > So my kernel-config seems buggy or I should downgrade to something older?
25
26 I suspect that in your fully running system somethingelse(tm) is
27 stealing the activity. can you start up with no services enabled and
28 do the test ?
29
30 > Aside from that I checked the firmware of the controller, it has the
31 > latest release.
32 >
33 > Stefan