From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Bluetooth speakers
Date: Tue, 10 May 2022 12:00:26
1 On Tuesday, 10 May 2022 10:26:13 BST Michael wrote:
2 > On Tuesday, 10 May 2022 09:17:32 BST Peter Humphrey wrote:
3 > > Indeed, and I've now replaced the speakers, the 3.5mm cable and the USB
4 > > dongle - every sound component is new. When I tested it yesterday in the
5 > > plasma control panel, I heard one "front left", very loud, and then
6 > > nothing. I thought some BT stuff must still be lying around somewhere, so
7 > > I've installed a new system from scratch, using a kernel .config from
8 > > before I started with BT, and today I still hear no sound.
9 > >
10 > > This seems like witchcraft now.
11 >
12 > Before you start ritual exorcisms, have you checked you are using the
13 > correct 3.5mm jack and it is inserted properly? See below:
14
15 I thought of the easy check, eventually. I booted into Windows 10 and was
16 immediately greeted with its bing-bong-bong sound - over the 3.5mm jack
17 connection.
18
19 So now I just have to find out what's wrong with my plasma sound system.
22 Regards,
23 Peter.