From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Systemd upower
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2014 23:16:19
1 On Tue, Jun 3, 2014 at 6:07 PM, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On 04/06/2014 00:59, Neil Bothwick wrote:
3 >> On Tue, 03 Jun 2014 23:01:20 +0200, Marc Stürmer wrote:
4 >>
5 >>> Even Linus Torvalds himself ranted about the attitude of systemd's
6 >>> developers at the beginning of May this year.
7 >>
8 >> Linus rants about everything and everyone, usually at least twice, once
9 >> for and once against. It proves nothing beyond Linus is still Linus.
14 > He *did* rant about Gnome not giving him choices about middle clicking
15 > on the window frame and rejecting his patch to do that, so he switched
16 > to KDE.
17 >
18 > Then he ranted about KDE giving the users too much choice with weird
19 > config dialogues and not getting their shit together to fix actual bugs,
20 > so he switched to Gnome.
21 >
22 > I eagerly anticipate Linus' switch to E17. Oops sorry, make that E19.
23 >
24 > So Linus is still Linus? Yep, that's how I see it too.
25
26 At some point, someone is going to ask Linus point blank what does he
27 think about systemd. I would not be surprised if he says it's a great
28 idea. I would neither be surprised if he says it's a terrible idea.
29
30 And then some weeks/months/years later, he *will* say the opposite.
31
32 Regards.
33 --
34 Canek Peláez Valdés
35 Profesor de asignatura, Facultad de Ciencias