From: Michael Palimaka <kensington@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: has anyone tried KDE5?
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2014 09:57:20
1 On 10/08/2014 07:31 AM, Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
2 > so after spending hours fighting to upgrade boost, I finally got to the
3 > point were portage let me emerge kde-framework.
4 >
5 > I went to bed.
6 >
7 > I woke up 2h later... only 9 packages were installed, the rest skipped
8 > because of wrong gcc.
9 >
10 > Crap like that should be told right at the start.
11
12 This is carryover from KDE 4. In all packages except kdelibs, the GCC
13 check was in pkg_setup instead of pkg_pretend to save time during
14 dependency resolution (think emerging 300 KDE packages at once).
15
16 I did some quick tests and I'm not convinced that the small time saving
17 justifies bending the rules and causing the sort of issue you ran into.