From: darren kirby <bulliver@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT - simple video editing software
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 20:49:56
1 quoth the Thierry de Coulon:
2 > On Sunday 17 December 2006 04:34, Michael Sullivan wrote:
3 > > Can anyone suggest a simple, easy-to-use software package for light
4 > > editing of video files (cutting commercials out of MythTV recordings).
5 > > I tried to use avidemux, but it went into an infinite loop when I tried
6 > > to save the file after editing. bugs.gentoo.org suggests to me that a
7 > > fix isn't coming. I need an alternative...
8 >
9 > you might take a look at kino, I think it ca do this sort of things. Or I
10 > seem to remember about a work in progress names "lives" I think that wanted
11 > to be some sort of an open source iMovie, but I did not follow the
12 > progress.
13
14 Unless it has changed in the last little bit, kino does DV video only.
15
16 > I must admit that I have given up on Linux video editing for the time and
17 > do that on Mac OS... :(
18
19 As do I ... I tried kino in the past but it's just not there yet.
20
21 > Thierry
22
23 -d
24 --
25 darren kirby :: Part of the problem since 1976 :: http://badcomputer.org
26 "...the number of UNIX installations has grown to 10, with more expected..."
27 - Dennis Ritchie and Ken Thompson, June 1972
28 --
29 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list