From: Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] what made portage go fast again?
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2005 14:15:47
1 Fernando Meira wrote:
5 > Yeah.. I sync'ed portage yesterday and still took forever to finish.
6 > Although all the way is slow and painful, the worst part was indeed
7 > from 50% to 52%.. these 2% take SOOOOOO loooooong....
8 > You say that your old 200MHz took 30m? I'd say my laptop took "at
9 > least" 30m yesterday to do it.. and it's a 2.4Ghz... I even think that
10 > each update gets worst and worst....
11 >
12 > Fernando
15 Try it now. I just did it and it was like a rat with a cat chasing it.
16 It was fast. Makes me want to sync a few more times but I don't want to
17 make them mad at me. They may ban me then.
18
19 Later
20 Dale
23 To err is human, I'm most certainly human.
28 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list