From: Holly Bostick <motub@××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Weird "Buffer I/O error" in dev ndb0
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 09:10:51
1 Matthias Guede schreef:
2 > Phill MV wrote:
3 >
4 >> Evertyime I boot up I gett a long string of weird buffer errors
5 >> shortly after udev starts up; stuff like
6 >>
7 >> nbd0: Request when not-ready end_request: I/O error, dev nbd0,
8 >> sector 4294965120
9 >>
10 >> where ndb0 changes up to ndb12.
11 >>
12 >> I still have no clue what dev/ndb0 refers to, but the computer
13 >> still seems to be running fine. fsck'ing the drives revealed
14 >> nothing and I might run a memory test later on. (some part of me
15 >> fears it's my ram, tho, which sounds like it'd make sense. )
19 > Seems like you have the Network Block Device compiled in your Kernel
20 > (Device Driver -> Block devices) and somebody probes these devices
21 > now at bootup.
25 Yes, I was getting the same errors/warnings; it finally annoyed me so
26 much that I recompiled the kernel without NBD support, since I couldn't
27 find any suggestion that I actually needed it, and all was well after
28 that. Certainly I didn't find that anything which had been working got
29 broke due to the removal-- but that wasn't a big surprise, since the
30 errors/warnings suggested that a function was being probed that did not
31 exist anyway (so I wasn't actually using NBD in the first place, which
32 was what it seemed to be complaining about).
33
34 HTH,
35 Holly
36 --