From: Phill MV <hiffyness@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Weird "Buffer I/O error" in dev ndb0
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 15:33:07
1 That makes me feel much better.
2 On a related note, shouldn't we be filing bug reports, then?
3
4 Yes, I was getting the same errors/warnings; it finally annoyed me so
5 > much that I recompiled the kernel without NBD support, since I couldn't
6 > find any suggestion that I actually needed it, and all was well after
7 > that. Certainly I didn't find that anything which had been working got
8 > broke due to the removal-- but that wasn't a big surprise, since the
9 > errors/warnings suggested that a function was being probed that did not
10 > exist anyway (so I wasn't actually using NBD in the first place, which
11 > was what it seemed to be complaining about).
12 >
13 > HTH,
14 > Holly
15 > --