From: Colleen Beamer <colleen.beamer@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Loading Issue
Date: Sat, 07 Mar 2020 00:58:06
1 On 2020-02-15 8:48 a.m., Alec Ten Harmsel wrote:
2 > On Fri, Feb 14, 2020, at 15:03, Colleen Beamer wrote:
3 >> Hi,
4 >>
5 >> There seems to be a problem with loading MySQL. During the boot process
6 >> when it comes to the loading of MySQL it hangs. Is there a way to
7 >> bypass the loading of MySQL so the computer will complete booting and I
8 >> can make sure I've gotten everything that I want off of it before I wipe it?
9 >>
10 > Probably the easiest way would be to download the gentoo boot CD or the LiveCD of another Linux distro, boot the computer w/ the LiveCD, mount the hard drive, and see if there's anything you need that way.
11 >
12 > Once you're booted from a LiveCD, you could also chroot into your Gentoo install and prevent MySQL starting on boot with OpenRC/systemd if you wanted to reboot from Gentoo and look at your files from Gentoo.
13 >
14 > Alec
15
16 I've downloaded the Gentoo Live CD and managed to mount the hard drive
17 on my computer.  However, I can't figure out how to get any files that I
18 want off the computer.  I put a blank CD in the drive, but it won't let
19 me write to it.  I've also tried using a USB hard drive that I have, but
20 it won't let me mount it.  I've never actually used a Live CD for
21 recovery purposes so, I'm at a bit of a loss here.  The second
22 suggestion would be okay, but I don't know how to do that.
23
24 Colleen