From: thelma@×××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: USB ports reset/restart
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2018 04:46:16
1 On 03/05/2018 09:39 PM, Ian Zimmerman wrote:
2 > On 2018-03-05 20:41, thelma@×××××××××××.com wrote:
3 >
4 >> I have an usb extension cord pluged-in to the back of the computer "blue
5 >> usb port" (I think the color blue designates USB-3), there are two of
6 >> them.
7 >
8 >> My usb stick was working OK on one, but it stopped. I pluged the USB
9 >> extension cord to the other port; so it was working for a while. Now
10 >> the second one stop working as well.
11 >
12 > What if you plug the device directly into the port, without the
13 > extension cable?
14
15 When I plug the usb-stick to the blue usb port directly nothing happens,
16 usb stick is not recognized.
17
18 When I plug it to USB-2 port, it is recognized without any problems.
21 Thelma