From: Daniel Barkalow <barkalow@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] xmms alternative
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 23:13:19
1 On Tue, 24 Oct 2006, Willie Wong wrote:
2
3 > I have one question about xmms alternatives:
4 >
5 > xmms has this remote control feature that I use a lot (I have keys
6 > on my "multimedia" keyboard bound to remote controls and also certain
7 > voice commands bound to playing and stopping of music), can someone
8 > point me to an alternative of xmms that also supports remote controls?
9
10 It seems to me that audacious is functionally equivalent to xmms, down to
11 having the same command-line controls. I'd try "ln -s /usr/bin/audacious
12 /usr/bin/xmms" (after unmerging xmms and emerging audacious), and see if
13 it all works.
14
15 -Daniel
16 *This .sig left intentionally blank*