From: "Abraham Marín Pérez" <abraham@×××××××××.es>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Thunderbird and local LDAP server
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 15:43:39
1 It must be a different problem since Thunderbird is indeed compiled with
2 ldap support enabled, in fact, I also have Evolution (also compile with
3 +ldap) and can't access my local ldap server either; I guess my problem
4 is not related with Thunderbird but with the server itself. I'll try
5 again following Brett's links, thank you all anyway.
6
7 Regards,
8 Abraham
9
10 Bryce Verdier escribió:
13 > emerge -vp mozilla-thunderbird
14 >
15 > These are the packages that I would merge, in order:
16 >
17 > Calculating dependencies ...done!
18 > [ebuild R ] mail-client/mozilla-thunderbird-1.0.6-r2 -debug
19 > +gnome +ipv6 +ldap -mozcalendar -moznoxft +truetype -xinerama -xprint
20 > 32,584 kB
21 >
22 > You probably just needed to add the "+ldap" to your USE variable.
23 >
24 > b.
25 >
26 > Peter van Eck wrote:
27 >
29 >> Hash: SHA1
30 >>
31 >> Here is a problem that I've been facing for a while too ;-(
32 >>
33 >> Adding an LDAP server in Thunderbird, basically all Mozilla releases
34 >> from 1.x.x. and up were giving the same result ..You add the LDAP server
35 >> and it will not show up in the end.No errors or anything ..
36 >> In my case the LDAP server in question is, Netscape's / Sun Iplanet..
37 >>
38 >> I tested on different machines with different versions of X and window
39 >> managers...all on gentoo..same result..
40 >>
41 >> I ended up using Netscape 7.2 which did work ..
42 >>
43 >> Now I've recently installed the thunderbird-bin package from portage and
44 >> guess what .. IT WORKS !!!
45 >>
46 >> I tried the source package ..and no luck.,..You would start to think
47 >> that it is not compiled in building from source on gentoo.
48 >> I did'nt look into it in detail though , so can't really make a
49 >> statement on that..
50 >>
51 >> Just my experience with LDAP / Mozilla...
52 >>
53 >> rgds,
54 >>
55 >> Peter
56 >>
57 >> Abraham Marín Pérez wrote:
60 >>> Hi everyone:
61 >>>
62 >>> I recently had some problems sharing my contacts with more than one
63 >>> mail client, so I decided to run a local LDAP server. I emerged
64 >>> OpenLDAP
65 >>> and checked it with phpLDAPadmin. I can browse server's database and
66 >>> add/remove/modify contacts with phpLDAPadmin, but I can't connect to it
67 >>> with a mail application; I tried both Evolution and Thunderbird and I
68 >>> got nothing.
69 >>>
70 >>> The one I care the most is Thunderbird. I tried to add a link to the
71 >>> server from the Address Book: FILE -> NEW -> LDAP DIRECTORY; I typed
72 >>> what I think is the right parameters and tried, but nothing
73 >>> happened. Am
74 >>> I doing anything wrong?
75 >>>
76 >>> Thanks,