From: Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] genkernel assistance building initramfs
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 14:22:35
1 On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 7:43 PM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >>>>> Michael Mol wrote:
3 > To the OP.  I would use dracut.  I ran into trouble but I found out
4 > later that a earlier attempt at a init thingy was causing the dracut
5 > init thingy to mess up.  I strongly suspect that if I had known to get
6 > rid of the previous attempt, it would have worked the first time.  My
7 > previous attempt was the one that was built into the kernel itself.
8 > Lets just say there was a huge fight and I missed it.  Grub was telling
9 > one thing to load and the kernel was trying to load something else.  I'm
10 > sure it was a nice fight.
11
12 The principal reason I'm not using dracut:
13
14 * sys-kernel/dracut
15 Available versions: ~014-r2!t ~017-r1!t ~017-r2!t ~017-r3!t
16 ~018!t {debug device-mapper dracut_modules_biosdevname
17 dracut_modules_btrfs dracut_modules_caps dracut_modules_crypt
18 dracut_modules_crypt-gpg dracut_modules_dmraid
19 dracut_modules_dmsquash-live dracut_modules_gensplash
20 dracut_modules_iscsi dracut_modules_livenet dracut_modules_lvm
21 dracut_modules_mdraid dracut_modules_multipath dracut_modules_nbd
22 dracut_modules_nfs dracut_modules_plymouth dracut_modules_ssh-client
23 dracut_modules_syslog net selinux}
24 Homepage: http://dracut.wiki.kernel.org
27 None of the versions have been marked stable. Genkernel, on the other hand, has.
30 :wq