From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: dev-python/cryptography-2.6.1 compile failure
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2019 19:18:00
1 On Mon, Oct 28, 2019 at 02:34:41PM -0400, Jack wrote
2 > My guess is that it isn't libffi that needs re-emerging, but things
3 > that depend on it. I have 3.30_rc0 installd (both dev_libs and
4 > virtual) and I have no libffi.so.6 anywhere to be found. Have you
5 > tried revdep-rebuild? Either that, or "emerge -pc virtual/libffi" and
6 > them emerge -1 everything it lists.
7
8 Facepalm. I did revdep-rebuild when the update first failed part way
9 through, but not at the most recent failure. After another
10 revdep-rebuild, Pale Moon (web browser) now starts up. The list of
11 pending updates is down from 15 to 9. I'm now run the (hopefully) final
12 emerge update run.
15 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
16 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications