From: Poncho <poncho@××××××.ch>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] HTML5 player (YouTube) is a pain!...Alternatives?
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2016 17:15:59
1 you can use the open-with extension ( see:
2 https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/open-with/ ) to get a
3 "open with mpv" shortcut in your right click menu
4
5 On 29.11.2016 08:35, Meino.Cramer@×××.de wrote:
6 > Alarig Le Lay <alarig@××××××××××.fr> [16-11-29 08:16]:
7 >> On Tue Nov 29 07:42:16 2016, Meino.Cramer@×××.de wrote:
8 >>> Is there any way to feed the stream from youtube direktly into
9 >>> a not blown player like mpv/mplayer or such (I would prefer
10 >>> not to load a complete gui (vlc) with any click again and again.)?
11 >>
12 >> Hi,
13 >>
14 >> Yes, you can play video from youtube with mpv if you have emerged
15 >> net-misc/youtube-dl.
16 >>
17 >> --
18 >> alarig
19 >
20 > Hi Alarig,
21 >
22 > thanks for your help! :)
23 >
24 > yes...I know...but this implies (as far as I know):
25 > Copying the url from FF as argument to youtube-dl,
26 > downloading the file, and than watching it.
27 > This was my (painful) workaround the last days.
28 >
29 > I woyld like something like:
30 > Click on youtube-url, a window (console) pops up
31 > and starts <fill in something> to watch the video
32 > directly.
33 >
34 > Is it possible somehow?
35 >