From: Grant Taylor <gtaylor@×××××××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Help with dev-util/cargo blocking dev-lang/rust.
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2018 05:45:15
1 On 11/17/2018 10:33 PM, Andrew Udvare wrote:
2 > I switched fully to ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~amd64" (make.conf) after running
3 > mixed for a while. These kinds of issues come up too often and I don't
4 > have a lot of time to solve them, plus for my dev machine I just don't
5 > notice stable vs unstable most of the time. If something is truly unstable
6 > from my own experience I will mask that version and downgrade.
7
8 I've occasionally thought about doing that. I've just not pulled the
9 trigger on that yet. I think I added ~amd64 to ACCEPT_KEYWORDS and
10 looked at how many packages were going to change, got busy / needed to
11 do something else at the time, and reverted with the decision to tackle
12 it some other day. That day hasn't come yet.
13
14 > My recommendation would be to switch over to ~amd64 for a workstation
15 > generally. On my home server I run stable with a few unmasks, but most
16 > of the time these are packages that have no dependencies.
17
18 ACK
19
20 Thank you for sharing your experience, your opinion, and your help.
25 Grant. . . .
26 unix || die