From: Andrew Udvare <audvare@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Help with dev-util/cargo blocking dev-lang/rust.
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2018 05:33:54
1 On 18/11/2018 00:23, Grant Taylor wrote:
2 >
3 > I'm not completely sure what that means.  I'm guessing you're asking
4 > about accept_keywords.  I'm mostly (?) running stock amd64.  I have
5 > added ~amd64 to some packages for various reasons over the 2+ years that
6 > this install has been around.
7
8 I switched fully to ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~amd64" (make.conf) after running
9 mixed for a while. These kinds of issues come up too often and I don't
10 have a lot of time to solve them, plus for my dev machine I just don't
11 notice stable vs unstable most of the time. If something is truly
12 unstable from my own experience I will mask that version and downgrade.
13
14 My recommendation would be to switch over to ~amd64 for a workstation
15 generally. On my home server I run stable with a few unmasks, but most
16 of the time these are packages that have no dependencies.
19 Andrew