From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Help with dev-util/cargo blocking dev-lang/rust.
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2018 13:14:11
1 On Sun, 18 Nov 2018 00:33:41 -0500, Andrew Udvare wrote:
2
3 > I switched fully to ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~amd64" (make.conf) after running
4 > mixed for a while. These kinds of issues come up too often and I don't
5 > have a lot of time to solve them, plus for my dev machine I just don't
6 > notice stable vs unstable most of the time. If something is truly
7 > unstable from my own experience I will mask that version and downgrade.
8
9 That's because ~ doesn't mean unstable, it means testing. Stable in this
10 context means less likely to change, not less likely to fall over. Plus
11 the differentiation is for the ebuilds, not the software itself. You can
12 have a rock solid program still in the testing tree.
16 Neil Bothwick
17
18 There is absolutely no substitute for a genuine lack of preparation.