From: thelma@×××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [SOLVED] General ODF error
Date: Thu, 25 May 2017 16:39:53
1 On 05/24/2017 07:23 PM, Dale wrote:
2 > thelma@×××××××××××.com wrote:
3 >>
4 >> I only get this error when try to open the file with Gnumeric.
5 >> LibraOffice is reading the file/spreadsheet OK, though slow.
6 >>
7 >> When I hit OK I can Gnumeric can read the file OK.
8 >> I went through the spreadsheet (deleted some) but still getting same
9 >> error with Gnumeric.
10 >
11 > Just a thought. Does this happen with only one file or any file created
12 > the same way? If it's just one file, could it be that the file is
13 > somehow corrupted? Maybe export then import it and save it as a new
14 > name and test?
15 >
16 > Just a thought.
17 >
18 > Dale
19 >
20 > :-) :-)
21
22 Thanks Dale, it was an excellent idea.
23 Exporting/saving the spreadsheet file as MS xls solved the problem.
24
25 When I open the file again with Gnumeric it pointed out an error, to one
26 particular spreadsheet cell (specifically some http link).
27
28 I save it back as "ods" extension and all errors are gone (fixed).
29 With Gnumeric I've noticed that the same file with xls - extension
30 (107kb files size) is much faster to open than ods (56kb size).
33 Thelma