From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [SOLVED] General ODF error
Date: Thu, 25 May 2017 17:00:18
1 thelma@×××××××××××.com wrote:
2 > On 05/24/2017 07:23 PM, Dale wrote:
3 >> thelma@×××××××××××.com wrote:
4 >>> I only get this error when try to open the file with Gnumeric.
5 >>> LibraOffice is reading the file/spreadsheet OK, though slow.
6 >>>
7 >>> When I hit OK I can Gnumeric can read the file OK.
8 >>> I went through the spreadsheet (deleted some) but still getting same
9 >>> error with Gnumeric.
10 >> Just a thought. Does this happen with only one file or any file created
11 >> the same way? If it's just one file, could it be that the file is
12 >> somehow corrupted? Maybe export then import it and save it as a new
13 >> name and test?
14 >>
15 >> Just a thought.
16 >>
17 >> Dale
18 >>
19 >> :-) :-)
20 > Thanks Dale, it was an excellent idea.
21 > Exporting/saving the spreadsheet file as MS xls solved the problem.
22 >
23 > When I open the file again with Gnumeric it pointed out an error, to one
24 > particular spreadsheet cell (specifically some http link).
25 >
26 > I save it back as "ods" extension and all errors are gone (fixed).
27 > With Gnumeric I've noticed that the same file with xls - extension
28 > (107kb files size) is much faster to open than ods (56kb size).
29 >
30 > --
31 > Thelma
35 And to think, I thought about not posting my thoughts because it sort of
36 sounded silly. One would think if it was corrupt; it wouldn't open at
37 all, give some serious error that points to the problem or something
38 else obvious. Guess not. I guess bit rot causes odd things to happen.
39 ;-)
40
41 It seems anytime I am considering unsubscribing from Gentoo mailing
42 lists, I help someone which wants me want to hang around a while longer.
43
44 Glad it helped.
45
46 Dale