From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] USE="mmx mmxext sse sse2 ssse3 3dnow 3dnowext"
Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 21:13:46
1 On Wednesday 27 May 2009 23:04:54 Mike Edenfield wrote:
2 > On 5/27/2009 4:40 PM, Wyatt Epp wrote:
3 > > On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 4:09 PM, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com
4 > > <mailto:alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>> wrote:
5 > >
6 > > On Wednesday 27 May 2009 22:04:06 Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
7 > > > thoughts: there are distros that hold your hand already.
8 > >
9 > > There's also Windows. For just in case Ubuntu doesn't hold enough of
10 > > your
11 > > hand.
14 > > Oh right, what was I thinking, giving the users an optional tool to make
15 > > their lives marginally easier after they've tired of trying to remember
16 > > for their thirtieth install just which of these inane x86 SIMD
17 > > instructions are supported by cpu x? I'm rolling my eyes over here,
18 > > guys; that was uncalled for and you know it.
19 >
20 > Clearly you haven't seen any of the Gentoo Installer threads.
21
22 Or me and Uwe (may he rest in peace and may there be infinite pubs in the
23 afterlife where he is now) discussing who owed the other how many of Namibia's
24 finest brew.
27 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com