From: Mike Edenfield <kutulu@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] USE="mmx mmxext sse sse2 ssse3 3dnow 3dnowext"
Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 21:05:41
1 On 5/27/2009 4:40 PM, Wyatt Epp wrote:
2 > On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 4:09 PM, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com
3 > <mailto:alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>> wrote:
4 >
5 > On Wednesday 27 May 2009 22:04:06 Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
6 > >
7 > > thoughts: there are distros that hold your hand already.
8 >
9 > There's also Windows. For just in case Ubuntu doesn't hold enough of
10 > your
11 > hand.
14 > Oh right, what was I thinking, giving the users an optional tool to make
15 > their lives marginally easier after they've tired of trying to remember
16 > for their thirtieth install just which of these inane x86 SIMD
17 > instructions are supported by cpu x? I'm rolling my eyes over here,
18 > guys; that was uncalled for and you know it.
19
20 Clearly you haven't seen any of the Gentoo Installer threads.