From: Wyatt Epp <wyatt.epp@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] USE="mmx mmxext sse sse2 ssse3 3dnow 3dnowext"
Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 20:40:31
1 On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 4:09 PM, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>wrote:
2
3 > On Wednesday 27 May 2009 22:04:06 Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
4 > >
5 > > thoughts: there are distros that hold your hand already.
6 >
7 > There's also Windows. For just in case Ubuntu doesn't hold enough of your
8 > hand.
11 Oh right, what was I thinking, giving the users an optional tool to make
12 their lives marginally easier after they've tired of trying to remember for
13 their thirtieth install just which of these inane x86 SIMD instructions are
14 supported by cpu x? I'm rolling my eyes over here, guys; that was uncalled
15 for and you know it.
16
17 Then again, it might be egg on my face for thinking that civilised discourse
18 was possible on a mailing list. :/