From: Ian Zimmerman <itz@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: USB3 external storage HD's
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2018 21:58:44
1 On 2018-01-18 13:44, R0b0t1 wrote:
2
3 > Buy a SATA to USB3 enclosure and a 2.5" laptop drive separately.
4
5 I got one of those (a Rosewill). First thing I noted was it got
6 _really_ hot after a few minutes of use. Hot as in highly unpleasant to
7 touch. Nonetheless I kept using it, but it stopped working as USB3
8 after a month or two. Still works fine as USB2, doesn't get so hot
9 anymore.
10
11 The drive itself wasn't new, so maybe it just wasn't made for that speed?
14 Please don't Cc: me privately on mailing lists and Usenet,
15 if you also post the followup to the list or newsgroup.
16 To reply privately _only_ on Usenet, fetch the TXT record for the domain.