From: covici@××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] kernel panick in 4.2.1 from gentoo-sources
Date: Thu, 08 Oct 2015 00:34:55
1 Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o> wrote:
2
3 > On Wed, Oct 7, 2015 at 7:13 PM, <covici@××××××××××.com> wrote:
4 > >
5 > > Thanks much -- 4.2.1 wqas what I just got using gentoo-sources, I will
6 > > sync and try again, maybe go to 4.1 and see what happens. I heard 3.19
7 > > was the first version where btrfs actually worked, and I have 3.18 here,
8 > > this is why I was trying the newer kernel. So, what is the latest lts
9 > > kernel these days anyway?
12 > btrfs has been continually improved, but it has been working
13 > reasonably well for raid0/1 or single disk since maybe the 3.12 days.
14 >
15 > Current kernel versions are posted at https://kernel.org/
16 How can I tell which ones are long term support?
20 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
21 How do
22 you spend it?
23
24 John Covici