From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] kernel panick in 4.2.1 from gentoo-sources
Date: Thu, 08 Oct 2015 01:10:33
1 On Wed, Oct 7, 2015 at 8:34 PM, <covici@××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 > Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o> wrote:
3 >
4 >> On Wed, Oct 7, 2015 at 7:13 PM, <covici@××××××××××.com> wrote:
5 >> >
6 >> > Thanks much -- 4.2.1 wqas what I just got using gentoo-sources, I will
7 >> > sync and try again, maybe go to 4.1 and see what happens. I heard 3.19
8 >> > was the first version where btrfs actually worked, and I have 3.18 here,
9 >> > this is why I was trying the newer kernel. So, what is the latest lts
10 >> > kernel these days anyway?
11 >> >
12 >>
13 >> btrfs has been continually improved, but it has been working
14 >> reasonably well for raid0/1 or single disk since maybe the 3.12 days.
15 >>
16 >> Current kernel versions are posted at https://kernel.org/
17 > How can I tell which ones are long term support?
18
19 They say longterm next to them. :)
20
21 Stable ones will have releases for a few months typically.
22
23 Gentoo-sources keywording tends to lag a bit, though I thought they
24 were going to change that. I tend to just keep my own git clone of
25 the kernel tree and checkout from tags.
28 Rich