From: William Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Firefox 2.0 and gentoo
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 02:30:32
1 On Thu, 2007-01-11 at 06:34 -0600, Roberto Martinez wrote:
2 > Well, I've done research and found nothing, except that it happens only on
3 > gentoo ...
4 >
5 > It appears that any mozilla product segfaults on my gentoo box both binary
6 > and from source. Firefox, Thunderbird, and Seamonkey.
7 ...
8
9 this sort of thing is often due to inconsistent/missing libraries
10
11 1. run revdep-rebuild
12 2. `ldd /usr/bin/firefox` and look for inconsistent/missing libraries
13 3. `strace /usr/bin/firefox` and see if where it dies gives a clue
14
15 BillK
18 William Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
19 Home!