From: Roberto Martinez <mrrobinhood5@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Firefox 2.0 and gentoo
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 17:03:40
1 On Sat, 13 Jan 2007 20:24:57 -0600, William Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
2 wrote:
3
4 > On Thu, 2007-01-11 at 06:34 -0600, Roberto Martinez wrote:
5 >> Well, I've done research and found nothing, except that it happens only
6 >> on
7 >> gentoo ...
8 >>
9 >> It appears that any mozilla product segfaults on my gentoo box both
10 >> binary
11 >> and from source. Firefox, Thunderbird, and Seamonkey.
12 > ...
13 >
14 > this sort of thing is often due to inconsistent/missing libraries
15 >
16 > 1. run revdep-rebuild
17 > 2. `ldd /usr/bin/firefox` and look for inconsistent/missing libraries
18 > 3. `strace /usr/bin/firefox` and see if where it dies gives a clue
19 >
20 > BillK
23 revdep-rebuild came up with some libraries, but I think I might have an
24 issue with Portage as I've noticed that /etc/portage does not point
25 anywhere... Any ideas where its supposed to symlink ? #gentoo is not very
26 helpful ( at least the peers )
27
28 Calculating dependencies \
29 emerge: there are no ebuilds to satisfy "=app-office/openoffice-bin-2.0.2".
32 revdep-rebuild failed to emerge all packages
33 you have the following choices:
34
35 - if emerge failed during the build, fix the problems and re-run
36 revdep-rebuild
37 or
38 - use -X or --package-names as first argument (trys to rebuild package,
39 not exact
40 ebuild)
41 or
42 - set ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~<your platform>" and/or /etc/portage/package.unmask
43 (and remove /root/.revdep-rebuild.5_order to be evaluated again)
44 or
45 - modify the above emerge command and run it manually
46 or
47 - compile or unmerge unsatisfied packages manually, remove temporary files
48 and
49 try again (you can edit package/ebuild list first)
50
51 To remove temporary files, please run:
52 rm /root/.revdep-rebuild*.?_*
53
54 Thanks in advance.
57 There is no god but yourself... amen ...
60 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list