From: sean <tech.junk@×××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Mozilla Lightening Alarms
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 15:25:36
1 Paul Hartman wrote:
2 > On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 7:57 AM, sean<tech.junk@×××××××××××.net> wrote:
3 >> Hello All,
4 >>
5 >> Is there an option I am missing in Thunderbird's Lightening
6 >> extension, or some other way to get alarms to appear when Thunderbird is not
7 >> running?
8 >>
9 >> I have noticed also that if Thunderbird is shutdown at the time of a
10 >> reminder popping up, it does not pop up later after the fact when
11 >> Thunderbird is started.
12 >
13 >>From the FAQ on the Lightning website:
14 >
15 > Can Sunbird/Lightning remind me when closed? Can Sunbird start minimized?
16 > No, Sunbird and Lightning can't give pop-up messages or send
17 > e-mails when they are not running. There is a 'trick' for this
18 > problem. You can hide Sunbird in the tray. This can be done with
19 > Suntray or Minimize to Tray for Windows and Kdocker for Linux.
24 Thanks, I had hoped there was some other undocumented trick.