From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] wtf is superfloppy? (vosonic usb drive)
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 09:17:37
1 On Mon, 12 Dec 2005 16:25:47 +0930, Iain Buchanan wrote:
2
3 > All I've found so far, is something mentioning the "superfloppy" format
4 > (what's that?). Supposedly I can `mount /dev/sda /mnt/tmp` (note the
5 > sda, not sdax) but this doesn't work:
6
7 This just means the filesystem is on the whole disk, it is not
8 partitioned.
9
10 > dmesg reports
11 >
12 > usb 1-4: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 7
13 > scsi2 : SCSI emulation for USB Mass Storage devices
14 > usb-storage: device found at 7
15 > usb-storage: waiting for device to settle before scanning
16 > Vendor: Model: VP6230 Rev: 1.07
17 > Type: Direct-Access ANSI SCSI revision: 00
18 > sd 2:0:0:0: Attached scsi removable disk sda
19 > sd 2:0:0:0: Attached scsi generic sg0 type 0
20 > usb-storage: device scan complete
21
22 It is detecting sda here, with no partitions, but giving no other
23 information. Do you have SCSI disk support in your kernel?
24
25 > The drive shows under windows, after the 3 card reader slots.
26
27 Do other USB mass storage devices work with Linux for you?
31 Neil Bothwick
32
33 WinErr 010: Reserved for future mistakes by our developers