From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] online browsable ebuilds by arch?
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2015 19:39:45
1 On Mon, 30 Mar 2015 15:49:07 +0000 (UTC), James wrote:
2
3 > I use this link for browsing ebuilds online[1]. It is escecially useful
4 > when non_gentoo folks are discussion how to compile from sources;
5 > particularly complex/compound compilations and or difficult codes
6 > (except java). I find myself always referring to online ebuilds when
7 > in discussions with folks who are not "blessed" with a gentoo system
8 > to view ebuilds. I often use ebuids as a roadmap for folks that
9 > are trying to compile things from soureces. Subliminally, there is the
10 > backdrop that folks should use gentoo for source_code development
11 > and testing.
12
13 > [1] https://sources.gentoo.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/gentoo-x86/
14 >
15 > What I cannot seem to find is this sort of organization, filtered
16 > by architecture. It's be really keen to see one just for arm and
17 > arm64.
18
19 That's the main portage tree, the name is a misnomer. Although called
20 gentoo-x86, it is really just portage, which does not have specific
21 ebuilds for different architectures. Architecture suitability is governed
22 by the KEYWORDS variable inside the ebuild.
26 Neil Bothwick
27
28 Women live longer than men because they have so many clothes that they
29 wouldn't be caught dead in.