From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Virtualbox Display Broken After xorg Upgrade
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 2009 12:51:13
1 On 08/03/2009 11:53 PM, Drew Tomlinson wrote:
2 > I'm not sure where to start. I upgraded from xorg 1.4 to xorg 1.6. I
3 > also followed the ATI Migration guide at
4 > http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/desktop/x/x11/ati-migration-guide.xml.
5 >
6 > Everything seems fine except now Virtualbox 3.0.2 guest displays are
7 > unreadable. Before the upgrade, Virtualbox displays were OK. Basically
8 > it looks like when one has a bad modeline for X. If I click on the
9 > guest window to close, I get a Virtualbox pop up asking if I want to
10 > shutdown or power off the guest. When this pops up, the screen is a
11 > slightly readable black and white version. Guest machines are Windows 7
12 > and Windows XP. Both have the same symptoms.
13
14 Do you have the Windows vbox guest additions installed in the Windows
15 guests? If so, you should be able to resize the guest window just like
16 any other X window. Hm, not sure if the guest additions are available
17 for Win7 yet, but definitely are for XP. Worth a try, anyway.