From: Drew Tomlinson <drew@××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Virtualbox Display Broken After xorg Upgrade
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 2009 06:53:46
1 I'm not sure where to start. I upgraded from xorg 1.4 to xorg 1.6. I
2 also followed the ATI Migration guide at
3 http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/desktop/x/x11/ati-migration-guide.xml.
4
5 Everything seems fine except now Virtualbox 3.0.2 guest displays are
6 unreadable. Before the upgrade, Virtualbox displays were OK. Basically
7 it looks like when one has a bad modeline for X. If I click on the
8 guest window to close, I get a Virtualbox pop up asking if I want to
9 shutdown or power off the guest. When this pops up, the screen is a
10 slightly readable black and white version. Guest machines are Windows 7
11 and Windows XP. Both have the same symptoms.
12
13 I've rebuilt virtualbox-bin and -modules. I've Googled but can't seem
14 to find the right google-fu to turn anything up.
15
16 Any suggestions on how to get things working again?
17
18 Thanks,
19
20 Drew