From: Kevin O'Gorman <kogorman@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Progress made, not done yet Re: All of a sudden, no apache2. No clue why.
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2010 01:09:45
1 On Tue, Aug 3, 2010 at 4:16 PM, Kyle Bader <kyle.bader@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > Heyo Kevin,
4 >
5 > > <Directory /hex/hexTest/>
6 > > AuthUserFile /etc/apache2/kosmanor/passwords
7 > > AuthGroupFile /dev/null
8 > > AuthName "OHex Advanced"
9 > > AuthType Basic
10 > > Require valid-user
11 > > Options FollowSymLinks
12 > > </Directory>
13 >
14 > Try adding one of these in there:
15 >
16 > AddHandler cgi-script cgi pl
17 >
18 > Thanks, Kyle, you've been getting me closer and closer.
19 If I'm starting to "get" the new stuff, AddHandler declares certain
20 extensions. Up until last month, extensions were not required, and in fact
21 my CGI programs have never had them. It used to be enough to use
22 ScriptAlias, and put an executable in the directory. If it was a script
23 with a shebang, or a compiled ELF program all was well. If I were going to
24 use extensions, it would be .py or possibly .python, not .cgi or .pl.
25
26 I see hints that the same sort of thing can still be accomplished, and I'd
27 rather do that than break my RCS version sequence because of a name change.
28 I'll report back.
32 Kevin O'Gorman, PhD