From: Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: man portage (latest version?)
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2015 20:24:52
1 On 03/17/2015 03:08 PM, James wrote:
4 >> It will probably be in EAPI6 under a different name, but I don't
5 >> think there's any code written yet.
6 >
7 > Is there a preliminary doc on EAPI6? I know there is still some
8 > unfinished business therein, but, the sooner we can start reading
9 > the better. For me, it takes a while to get use to the changes, so
10 > I'm trying to read ahead a bit, particularly the part where my
11 > codes become part of my gentoo systems, with ease...... I'm all ears on that!
14 This is probably the easiest to understand:
15
16 http://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Future_EAPI/EAPI_6_tentative_features
17
18 To see what's actually been implemented, check out the "eapi-6" branch
19 of the package manager specification at,
20
21 http://gitweb.gentoo.org/proj/pms.git
22
23 (there's a little thing in the upper-right-hand corner to switch branches).