From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: man portage (latest version?)
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2015 19:09:14
1 Michael Orlitzky <mjo <at> gentoo.org> writes:
4 > $ git clone git://git.overlays.gentoo.org/proj/portage.git
5
6 OK so in the /usr/local/portage dir I started this process. Its downloading
7 at a blistering 20-30 KiB/s. I about to call the ISP, but in the the
8 mean time here are a few more comments.....
12 Wow! Right under my nose. I have this page bookmarked and up:
13
14 http://gitweb.gentoo.org/proj/
15
16 Browsing online to find the manpage (9999) seems to be evading me....
17
18 I was probably too quick on that resources as it gives lots
19 of hits on portage. Perhaps I should have used several compounds
20 in my query string for searching that tree?
21
22 > Then, from within the repo,
23 > $ man man/portage.5
24 > Search for "repos.conf".
25
26 yes.
27
28 > The epatch_user function comes from eutils.eclass (you can find it in
29 > the "eclass" directory of your portage tree snapshot).
30
31 And this is embarrassing. I'd always looked online at eclasses. Again right
32 under my nose in '/usr/portage/eclass'. It's a good thing 'old_farts'
33 dont blush very easily.........
36 > It will probably be in EAPI6 under a different name, but I don't
37 > think there's any code written yet.
38
39 Is there a preliminary doc on EAPI6? I know there is still some
40 unfinished business therein, but, the sooner we can start reading
41 the better. For me, it takes a while to get use to the changes, so
42 I'm trying to read ahead a bit, particularly the part where my
43 codes become part of my gentoo systems, with ease...... I'm all ears on that!
46 Thanks,
47 James