From: Kevin O'Gorman <kogorman@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Suddenly emerging unstable packages = why?
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2008 22:31:23
1 On Jan 8, 2008 7:48 AM, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > On Tuesday 08 January 2008, Kevin O'Gorman wrote:
4 > > Hmm, sounds reasonable. Perhaps you mistakenly ran emerge --sync
5 > > instead of eix-sync that one time? I've done it myself once or thrice
6 > > :-)
7 > >
8 > > I would not have thought so because it's all done in cron jobs thrice
9 > > per week, giving me reports via email.
10 > >
11 > > However, it is true that emerge sync and eix-update were in two
12 > > separate jobs scheduled an hour apart. It is vaguely conceivable
13 > > that they got out of step somehow. I've unified them, and hope
14 > > things go better now.
15 >
16 > Yeah, that's probably it then. Doing an emerge at randomly selected
17 > times will cause i in about 60 or so to fall in that hour window :-)
18 >
19 > Any particular reason you run two separate jobs and not just eix-sync
20 > (which does both in sequence)?
21 >
22 > alan
23 >
24 > --
25 > Alan McKinnon
26 > alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com
29 Originally, because the output was hard to read I think. And I figured that
30 starting them an hour apart would ensure sequence anyway.
34 Kevin O'Gorman, PhD