From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Suddenly emerging unstable packages = why?
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2008 15:53:50
1 On Tuesday 08 January 2008, Kevin O'Gorman wrote:
2 > Hmm, sounds reasonable. Perhaps you mistakenly ran emerge --sync
3 > instead of eix-sync that one time? I've done it myself once or thrice
4 > :-)
5 >
6 > I would not have thought so because it's all done in cron jobs thrice
7 > per week, giving me reports via email.
8 >
9 > However, it is true that emerge sync and eix-update were in two
10 > separate jobs scheduled an hour apart.  It is vaguely conceivable
11 > that they got out of step somehow.  I've unified them, and hope
12 > things go better now.
13
14 Yeah, that's probably it then. Doing an emerge at randomly selected
15 times will cause i in about 60 or so to fall in that hour window :-)
16
17 Any particular reason you run two separate jobs and not just eix-sync
18 (which does both in sequence)?
19
20 alan
23 Alan McKinnon