From: Kevin O'Gorman <kogorman@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Suddenly emerging unstable packages = why?
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2008 14:36:15
1 On 1/7/08, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > On Monday 07 January 2008, Kevin O'Gorman wrote:
4 > > I see that it's now stable, and I'm going to let the emerge go
5 > > forward. However, I scrolled back my terminal to when I sent that
6 > > message, and here's what eix gave me then (primarily the "~" in front
7 > > of 1.0.4. Could this be an asychrony with the eix database?
8 >
9 > Hmm, sounds reasonable. Perhaps you mistakenly ran emerge --sync instead
10 > of eix-sync that one time? I've done it myself once or thrice :-)
13 I would not have thought so because it's all done in cron jobs thrice per
14 week, giving me reports via email.
15
16 However, it is true that emerge sync and eix-update were in two separate
17 jobs scheduled an hour apart. It is vaguely conceivable that they got out
18 of step somehow. I've unified them, and hope things go better now.
19
20 ++ kevin
25 Kevin O'Gorman, PhD