From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE and HARD lock ups.
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2011 08:49:46
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Wed, 06 Jul 2011 02:27:21 -0500, Dale wrote:
5 >> But again, it didn't lock up until AFTER I had a power failure. That
6 >> was when all this started. If I hadn't had the power failure, I may
7 >> not have had the lock ups to begin with. The root of this problem is
8 >> what I am hoping to find.
9 >>
10 > It sounds like you need to start with qcheck -aBT and trawl through the
11 > output, re-emerging anything questionable.
15 This is what I got:
16
17 root@fireball / # qcheck -aBT
18 app-office/openoffice
19 sys-auth/consolekit
20 sys-auth/polkit
21 net-nds/openldap
22 app-misc/screen
23 net-print/cups
24 net-print/hplip
25 sys-apps/dbus
26 sys-apps/openrc
27 dev-db/mysql
28 kde-base/kdm
29 root@fireball / #
30
31 That hplip makes me wonder. I had issues with that thing before causing
32 freezes, not lock ups tho. I should have expected openoffice to be on
33 there tho. lol
34
35 Hmmm. What you think about that list? Anything look suspicious?
36
37 Dale
38