From: meino.cramer@×××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Shutting down process hangs - how to proceed?
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2009 12:31:10
1 pk <peterk2@××××××××.se> [09-09-19 13:49]:
2 > meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
3 >
4 > > Is there any way to figure out, in which sequence what is shut down
5 > > *without* actually shutting down ther system?
6 >
7 > I'm sure there's a simple way of finding that out but I was wondering if
8 > this might be your problem?:
9 >
10 > http://bugs.gentoo.org/253535
11 >
12 > MfG
13 >
14 > Peter K
15
16 Hi Peter,
17
18 I scanned the bugzilla entry...as far as I understood unloading of
19 snd_hda_intel hangs due to an unclear dependency.
20 I am running my Gentoo on an Asus AV8 board with Via chipset and
21 AMD CPU, so "no intel".
22 My modules are:
23
24 Module Size Used by
25 usb_storage 62088 0
26 snd_pcm_oss 37536 0
27 snd_usb_audio 81280 0
28 snd_usb_lib 15132 1 snd_usb_audio
29 snd_hwdep 6880 1 snd_usb_audio
30 gspca_ov534 7740 0
31 gspca_main 21916 1 gspca_ov534
32 dvb_bt8xx 12384 0
33 mt352 5984 1 dvb_bt8xx
34 dst_ca 12348 1 dvb_bt8xx
35 dst 26020 2 dvb_bt8xx,dst_ca
36 dvb_core 83108 3 dvb_bt8xx,dst_ca,dst
37 bt878 9320 2 dvb_bt8xx,dst
38 nvidia 9580516 36
39 bttv 119252 2 dvb_bt8xx,bt878
40 ir_common 42464 1 bttv
41 i2c_algo_bit 5376 1 bttv
42 v4l2_common 15132 1 bttv
43 videodev 37824 3 gspca_main,bttv,v4l2_common
44 v4l1_compat 13344 1 videodev
45 videobuf_dma_sg 10976 1 bttv
46 videobuf_core 15584 2 bttv,videobuf_dma_sg
47 uhci_hcd 30220 0
48 i2c_viapro 7344 0
49 k8temp 4188 0
50 hwmon 2392 1 k8temp
51 btcx_risc 4132 1 bttv
52 pcspkr 2300 0
53 ehci_hcd 48496 0
54 tveeprom 11744 1 bttv
55
56 Nonetheless I added the UNLOAD_ON_STOP="no" to /etc/conf.d/alsasound
57 and we will see what happens.
58 All this works for a long long time...and it bits me about three days
59 ago. I did not update alsa*, since I use the kernels alsa-stuff and
60 the according lib/utils/etc. of the portage tree.
61
62 Fingers crossed...
63
64 Thanks for your help !:)
65
66 Have a nice weekend!
67 Best regards,
68 mcc
71 Please don't send me any Word- or Powerpoint-Attachments
72 unless it's absolutely neccessary. - Send simply Text.
73 See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html
74 In a world without fences and walls nobody needs gates and windows.