From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Shutting down process hangs - how to proceed?
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2009 20:17:44
1 On Saturday 19 September 2009, meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
2
3 > Nonetheless I added the UNLOAD_ON_STOP="no" to /etc/conf.d/alsasound
4 > and we will see what happens.
5 > All this works for a long long time...and it bits me about three days
6 > ago. I did not update alsa*, since I use the kernels alsa-stuff and
7 > the according lib/utils/etc. of the portage tree.
8 >
9 > Fingers crossed...
10
11 If that doesn't work, then exit your X session and Ctl+Alt+F1 will drop you to
12 a console. Run '/etc/init.d/xdm stop' (or gdm if you are running gnome) and
13 then zap. Then '/sbin/shutdown -h now' from the console. If it hangs again
14 the problem is not related to your video card kernel settings.
15
16 HTH.
17 --
18 Regards,