From: Al <oss.elmar@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Shared libraries in Gentoo
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2010 00:39:39
2 > Are you coming from a BSD background?  I know NetBSD uses rpath everywhere,
3 > and
4 > they don't use the ld.so.conf mechanism at all, but I can't recall if the
5 > others
6 > do or don't.
7
8 No, I am comming from a Debian/Ubuntu background where it simply
9 worked. Now I try to port Gentoo to Cygwin and it doesn't always work.
10 So I have to dig a little deeper to get it working, asking myself what
11 makes theese working while others break.
12
13 Thank you very much for all extensive hints. Unfortunately Cygwin is
14 not ELF but PE/COFF so all ELF debugging tools do not help. I even
15 have to tweak an eclasses where it relies on scanelf.
16
17 Al