From: Ajai Khattri <ajai@××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Shared libraries in Gentoo
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2010 03:48:28
1 On Tue, 7 Sep 2010, Al wrote:
2
3 > No, I am comming from a Debian/Ubuntu background where it simply
4 > worked.
5
6 Same mechanism there too - Debian/Ubuntu also use /etc/ld.so.conf and/or
7 /etc/ld.so.conf.d. You dont see it because you only deal with binary
8 packages when updating in Debian/Ubuntu.
9
10 > Now I try to port Gentoo to Cygwin and it doesn't always work.
11
12 When you say Gentoo, do you mean Portage? Remember Windows has a lot of
13 limitations that WILL get in your way so dont be surprised when things
14 break.
18 A