From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] realtek 8197 wireless card setup
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 13:33:22
1 On Thursday 20 December 2007, Jeff Cranmer wrote:
2
3 > iwlist wlan0 scanning returns
4 > wlan0 Interface does not support scanning : Network is down
5 >
6 > iwlist wlan0 accesspoint returns
7 > wlan0 Interface doesn't have a list of Peers/Access-Points
8 >
9 > At the moment, I think the key line in dmesg is .
10 > phy0: RF calibration failed! 0
11 >
12 > If I could figure out what this line meant, and what I could do to fix it,
13 > I might be on my way to a potential solution.
14
15 From memory I was getting these sort of messages when the svn WiFi driver I
16 was using was in need of serious development. I guess that you are trying to
17 make an unstable device driver work I'm afraid. I know that it is in the
18 kernel and indeed it could well work fine with some set ups, but yours is
19 probably not one of them. Have you also tried the forums just in case
20 someone has managed to make the particular device work with this driver?
21 --
22 Regards,
23 Mick