From: waltdnes@××××××××.org
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] postgresql 9.5.2 versus Gentoo wiki install instructions?
Date: Sun, 22 May 2016 05:30:43
1 On Sun, May 22, 2016 at 04:41:44AM +0000, J. Roeleveld wrote
2 >
3 > Quick reply (longer one later)
4 > 2nd run looks better.
5 >
6 > The output is from the supplied scripts. For Gentoo, use the
7 > /etc/init.d script. That will call the other one where necessary.
8 >
9 > About the codepage. What does "eselect locale list" show?
10 > In other words, which locale do you actually use?
11
12 en_US.iso88591
13
14 [i3][waltdnes][~] eselect locale list
15 Available targets for the LANG variable:
16 [1] C
17 [2] POSIX
18 [3] en_US
19 [4] en_US.iso88591 *
20 [5] en_US.utf8
21 [ ] (free form)
22
23 I expect to be storing a lot of numeric data in postgresql, but not
24 much text data, let alone, non-English text data. I live in Toronto,
25 Canada. ISO8859-1 can handle ASCII (English), and accented Latin-1
26 characters that exist in Canadian French.
29 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
30 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications